Monday, March 4, 2013

Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hello everyone! Jenessa here. Although I will not officially be taking over the administrative duties of Sketches With Color until April 1st (as I am still consumed with unpacking and settling into our new home after our recent move from Southern California to Dallas, Texas) I wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

I first discovered scrapbooking in 1995, and I made my first album using construction paper and rubber cement...an absolute archival disaster! Fast forward to the present, and I've become quite passionate about this constantly evolving art form. Having always endeavored in arts & crafts such as drawing, painting and counted cross stitch, paper crafting has been such a natural progression for me. My husband has been incredibly supportive of my hobby obsession by allowing me to utilize half of our spacious family room as my own personal crafting area as well as hanging out with our kids when I need some creative therapy.

I serve on several Designs Teams...Let's Get Sketchy!, S.W.A.T., All About A Boy, and of course Sketches With Color where I have been the resident cardmaker. I also design sketches for Colorful Creations and Let's Get Sketchy!

Not only am I in love with the many aspects of paper crafting...scrapbooking, cardmaking and altered art...but I have to say I LOVE color!  For the most part it's what attracts me to art (and well fashion too!). I either choose the papers to revolve around the colors in my photos or if I find papers that I really love with no coordinating photos, I will print them out in black & white just to be able to use the desired paper. I've even been known to stage my kids in particular outfits just so they will coordinate with the paper I want to use lol.

So basically when I was offered the opportunity to take over SWC, I could not have been more delighted, as this challenge blog focuses on two of my biggest passions. I hope that you will continue to find inspiration in our bi-monthly color-focused sketches. I look forward to seeing what all of you create!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Jenessa! I hadn't heard this! You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Thanks for the bio, its very nice to meet you:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Jenessa, and welcome to Dallas! I am also a Dallas girl. Other than the summer heat, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jessica and I'm a Dallas girl too! Welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the welcome! Dallas girls...we will have talk about getting together...I have no scrappy friends here yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you took over the blog! You will do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make our day!